(Versión en español)
First: General conditions of participation
- Participants may reside within or outside of Andalusia, and may be an individual, group, or association.
Second: Contest topic
- Photographs shall exclusively reflect images of Special Protection Areas for steppe birds in Andalusia (Alto Guadiato, Fuente de Piedra, Campiñas de Sevilla, and Campillos) and may include aspects of landscape or wildlife (especially birds) focused on culture, detail, or artistry.
Third: Categories and prizes
- The following categories and prizes are established:
- Bird life: 1st, 2nd, and runner-up
- Landscape and culture: 1st, 2nd, and runner-up.
Fourth: Photograph requirements
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 5 photographs
- Photographs must be unpublished, and may not have received any previous awards or prizes
- Photograph technique is open to discretion. Black and white, and colour images are acceptable
- Each photograph shall include the following information: photographer's name, place of residence, contact information, date taken, identification of area and/or species being photographed, and municipality
- Contest participants are personally responsible for legitimate ownership in terms of the Consolidated Spanish Copyright Act;.
- If recognisable individuals appear in the photographs, the organisation reserves the right to request a letter signed by them, authorising use of the image.
Fifth: Photograph presentation and deadlines
- The deadline for receiving photographs is 14 September 2012.
- Photographs shall be submitted as a JPG with a minimum size of 3,000 pixels on the longest side. Winning images, as well as those used in exhibitions, must have suitable resolution for a high-quality 20x30 reproduction. Those photographs that do not meet these standards shall be excluded from the exhibition and not considered for the awards
- There are no restrictions on manipulating and retouching images in terms of basic settings for brightness, contrast, exposure, or saturation, and in terms of framing adjustments (cuts) as long as the resulting image is suitable for the high-quality reproduction mentioned above. In cases where excessive manipulation of the image is suspected, the photographer shall be asked to provide the original file in order to assess the matter. The jury reserves the right to disqualify any photographs they consider to be excessively altered
- Photographs may be sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post, on a CD to: Mancomunidad de Municipios Valle del Guadiato A/A. Técnicos del Proyecto Life Esteparias
Polígono Industrial La Papelera. Ctra. de la Estación, s/n
14200 Peñarroya-Pueblonuevo (Córdoba)
Sixth: Winning photographs
- The jury is composed of staff from the Regional Ministry of Environment, the Community Association Mancomunidad de Municipios Valle del Guadiato, and renowned professionals in the world of photography.
- The jury shall judge the circumstance, beauty, singularity, and technical and artistic quality to reflect the importance of cereal steppes and steppe species, whether it is manifested in environmental, artistic, ethnographic, or popular value.
- The LIFE Steppe project reserves the right to contact photographers in order to request special permission, higher quality images, or to resolve any doubt regarding originality or ownership, before making their final selection
- The six winning photographs shall be published on websites www.guadiato.es and www.lifeesteparias.es on 1 October 2012.
- Winning photographers shall receive a diploma and commemorative plaque
- La Agencia de Medio Ambiente y Agua de Andalucía editará las fotografías ganadoras de las 3 ediciones de este concurso y será la encargada de montar una exposición fotográfica, en 2013, que será expuesta en los 11 municipios que integran las 4 ZEPA en las que se ejecuta el proyecto Life Esteparias.
Seventh: Photograph copyright
- Participation in this contest implies express and irrevocable acceptance of all rules. Images may be used in LIFE Steppe Project publications with prior notice and express mention of the photographer. A copy of each publication shall be sent to any photographer whose work is published therein.
Eighth: Personal data protection
All personal data collected shall be included in a property file of the Community Association Mancomunidad de Municipios Valle del Guadiato. Interested participants may exercise their right to access, rectify, cancel, or oppose this data by calling 0034 957567022 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Further information: Download pdf