Andalusian Public Health System (APHS)
Who are we?
The Andalusian Public Health System (APHS) is responsible for the provision of healthcare to all the population of Andalusia, one of the largest regions in Europe, with 8.4 millions inhabitans. As part of the Ministry of Health and Families of the Government of Andalusia, its main purpose is to provide high-quality public healthcare to the citizens of the region, ensuring its accessibility and the satisfaction of its users, and seeking efficiency and optimum use of resources.
The wide range of health public services provided include preventive and public health activities as well as highly specialized services. The healthcare network includes two levels of care: primary healthcare, with 1,514 primary centres spread throughout the territory and grouped in Health Districts; and specialised care, with 49 public hospitals. It also includes 14 Health Management areas, a bio-bank network as well as a specific public enterprise for emergency care.
What do we offer?
Great healthcare network, integrated in a common organization, with primary care centers, hospitals (including University hospitals), blood transfusion centers and cells, tissues and organs banks
Research and innovation support structures: International Projects Office, Research Management Foundations Network and Technology Transfer Office
Research Centers and Institutes linked to the Andalusian Public Healthcare System, including the Andalusian School of Public Health
A Public Procurement for Innovation strategy
The APHS participates in European projects through different entities:
- IBIMA – Biomedical Research Institute of Malaga
- IBIS – Institute of Biomedicine of Seville
- IBS GRANADA - Biomedical Research Institute of Granada
- IMIBIC - Maimónides Biomedical Research Institute of Córdoba
- INIBICA - Instituto de Investigación e Innovación de la provincia de Cádiz
- CABIMER - Andalusian Molecular Biology and Regenerative Medicine Centre
- BIONAND - Andalusian Centre for Nanomedicine and Biotechnology
- GENYO - Pfizer-University of Granada-Junta de Andalucía Centre for Genomics and Oncological Research
- Clinical Bioinformatics Area
- Biobank of the Andalusian Public Health System
- EASP - Andalusian School of Public Health
- ACSA - Andalusian Agency for Healthcare Quality
- AETSA - Andalusian Agency for Health Technology Assessment
Research Management Foundations:
Experience in European Projects
The Andalusian Public Health System has wide experience in European Health projects including Horizon 2020, the previous European Commission's Framework Programmes and the 2nd and 3rd Health Programme of the European Union, as well as in Innovative Medicines Initiative, among others.
Information about the ongoing projects in which the Andalusian Public Health System is involved in, either as coordinator or partner, can be found at www.juntadeandalucia.es/proyectosinternacionales-salud/es/proyectos-activos